While I’ve always believed in working hard once I’ve set my mind to something, I’ve spent a lot of time over the past year or two trying to teach myself how to work SMARTER as well.
One of the ways I try to do this is by automating my daily life as much as possible. This allows me to slice the time I DO have just a little thinner.
In fact, it’s one of the reasons I love apps like WordPress and Firefox (although I definitely DON’T like how heavy the newest Firefox runs). Some of the plugins available for these programs are incredible and allow me to squeeze more work into less time by taking advantage of the work of other very smart people!
I owe a BIG thank you to the 2,000′ish people who’ve taken the time to visit and help make my first couple of weeks on the new blog great! And, as I continue to tweak the template and improve the SEO’ability of the blog I’ve received a few emails asking about what it is I’ve been doing – and why!
So instead of sharing individually over and over again, I thought I’d just bare all (so to speak) and compile a list of ALL the great wordpress plugins I’m using, have used, or may be thinking about using…
The Ultimate WordPress Plugin List:
- Ad Rotator – Will be trying this one on my 1ShoppingCart blog shortly
- Add Meta Tags – Adds Keyword& Description meta tags to your blog pages. Automated & Customizable (* currently installed)
- AdSense Deluxe – Inserts AdSense (and other types of ads) into blog posts
- Akismet – Default WordPress comment spam filter, I can’t imagine anyone on WordPress NOT usisng this one! (* currently installed)
- Dagon Design Sitemap Generator – Generates a useful HTML Sitemap. Good for navigation & SEO (* currently installed)
- Democracy – A polling plugin I’ve used in the past with success
- Feedburner Feedsmith – Integrate your Feedburner Feed and have the default WordPress feeds redirect to it! (* currently installed)
- Landing Sites – One I haven’t used yet, but was recommended to me for providing search traffic with links deeper into the site
- Linklove – Protect your PR while rewarding your regular commentors with this plugin (* currently installed)
- Popularity Contest - An interesting plugin that aggrogates popular posts
- Random Redirect – Another well designed plugin to help traffic & search engines deeper into your site
- Recaptcha – I just installed this one for the first time. Using it to pick up the slack from Akismet (* currently installed)
- Related Posts - Simple plugin that displays links leading deeper into your blog – good for traffic and search! (* currently installed)
- SEO Title Tag – Simple plugin that allows you to control the titles tags of all your posts (* currently installed)
- Share This – A good plugin I used on my last blog that provides readers a way to share your post via email or social bookmarking
- Subscribe to Comments – A must have for any blog! Allows people to receive an email when anyone leaves a comment after their own
- Twitter Tools – Twitter posted to Blog, Blog posts to Twitter. Doesn’t get much more automated! (* currently installed)
- What Would Seth Godin Do? – Wouldn’t you like to know?
- WordPress Reports – Plugin to your Google Analytics and Feedburner stats and show the basics right within your WordPress menu (* currently installed)
- WordPress Page Nav – Improves the standard WordPress pagination interface (* currently installed)
There are a few other good ones out there, and I’ll be updating this list over time, but this is an excellent place to start and should cover all the major bases you’ll need!
And if you use any plugins that you can’t live without but I’ve somehow missed (it happens more than I like to admit!), I’d love to hear about them! Let me know what they are and where I can find them and I’ll add them to the list and credit you with the addition!